Monday, May 24, 2010

Here I am!

Well, I arrived! Safe and sound and with all my luggage. Praise the Lord for that! Some of the other volunteers were missing their stuff for a few days, so I am definitely thankful for that!

Don't have a lot of time to write but wanted to send a quick one out.

Things are going great. A lot has changed around here and so it is taking adjusting, but God is moving and things are amazing. Holding the kids in my arms again just made me feel like I was home. I absolutely love it here. It was so fun to see the kids from last year and to meet the new ones. Same with the mamas. They were so excited to see me, it made my day. And I'd like to think that some of the older kiddos remembered me, but I'm not so sure. Haha.

A group of volunteers took a boat ride today to the source of the Nile. It was such a sketchy boat which made it hilarious and awesome. While we were stopped at the little island that marks where Lake Victoria ends and the river starts, one of the boatmen was literally scooping water out of the middle of the boat. TIA. (This is Africa.) Typical. It was really fun though.

I've only been here a couple of days but I already feel like God is teaching me so much. It's definitely going to be different than last year and I know God is going to stretch and teach me things and grow me in whole new ways.

Please pray for a barrier against illness, as I've only been here a couple of days and have already had some issues. Pray that I am able to love and serve with only strength that God can provide.

I love and miss everyone! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment